Nanny of the Year™ Award Nomination Information
Nanny of the Year™ Award Mentor Program
Past Nanny of the Year™ award recipients are available to work closely with Nanny of the Year™ nominees and those individuals who wish to nominate a nanny for the INA Nanny of the Year™ award. Click here to learn more about the INA NOTY™ Award Mentor Program.
Nomination Procedures and Award Packet
Do You Know a Nanny Who Is Outstanding?
You are invited to have a positive, lasting impact on the nanny’s career by nominating her or him for the 2013 Nanny of the Year™ (NOTY™) award. The NOTY™ award is presented annually by the International Nanny Association (INA) to recognize the personal achievements of a working nanny.
The NOTY™ Award Summary
- Who: Individuals eligible for nomination must be currently employed full time as a nanny or specialty nanny (newborn care specialist, traveling nanny, governess or temporary nanny). The nanny selected will be a professional caregiver who is a genuine advocate for children and a person who has enriched the lives of the children in his or her care. INA NOTY™ nominees must be a current member of INA. If a nominee is not a current member of INA, they must join at the time they submit their INA NOTY™ materials for consideration by the Selection Committee.
- What: The nanny selected will be presented with the NOTY™ award during INA's upcoming annual conference. The individual selected will serve as an example of the best kind of nanny and will represent a positive role model for the in-home child care industry and our association.
- When: Your application must be received no later than January 15, 2013 and must include four exact copies of the complete portfolio. The individual selected will be honored during INA's 28th annual conference in April during the Nanny of the Year™ luncheon.
- Where: Hyatt Regency Louisville, Louisville, KY
Important Information: About the Nomination Application
Please note that the application process includes several forms. The nominee and person nominating the nanny are required to complete specific forms.
The complete portfolio should include the nomination form, application form and additional information as outlined in the INA Nanny of the Year™ Award Packet submission guidelines. Materials should be presented in the form of a spiral bound portfolio. All nominees are also required to submit a photo of themselves, no larger than 4 by 6 inches.
Please note that:
- Four copies of the completed nomination application packet must be received by the INA office postmarked no later than January 15, 2013.
- The completed portfolios should be bound in a spiral plastic cover format rather than a hardbound ringed notebook. The entire group of nominees' portfolios will be mailed to the three-member selection committee and portfolio presentation will be considered.
- It is recommended that you use a delivery method that allows you to track your package and confirm its delivery. NOTY™ portfolios should be mailed to: International Nanny Association, P.O. Box 12347 Wilmington, NC 28405. The information must be received and postmarked by January 15, 2013 to be considered.
2014 Nanny of the Year Award Nomination Packet Link Coming Soon!